The Introduction to Handguns class is for people who are new to, or inexperienced at, shooting a handgun. The 3-5-hour class consists of approximately 2 1/2 hours of classroom instruction and 1 1/2 to 2 hours of lessons and shooting at a range. Students who complete the Intro class will be prepared to practice at a range on their own in preparation for a Texas License to Carry (formerly CHL) class.
The Introduction to Handguns covers:
- Types and operation of semi-automatic handguns and revolvers
- Safe handling and storage of handguns and ammunition
- Fundamentals of shooting a handgun
- Cleaning and lubricating a handgun
- Range safety and procedures
- Shoot semi-automatics & revolvers at the range
- Safety Officer assigned to each student
You may also bring your own handguns and approved ammunition or use the provided guns and ammo.
Pre-LTC (CHL) Upgrade – A student may shoot the Texas LTC (formerly CHL) shooting proficiency test for practice or to apply it to an upcoming LTC class.
The Introduction Class may be scheduled as a private individual or a private small group class. Email us for more information about classes, scheduling or to register for classes.
Gift Certificates are available for most public and private classes.